Like others that have stated similarly, I believe that utilizing current frameworks and standards (CPG101, NFPA1600, etc) is relevant to emergency plans for all environments (municipalities, academic, etc).
Rather than reinventing the wheel with a new plan standard for academic institutions or places of worship, federal resources would be better utilized by:
(1) providing technical assistance and examples of how to leverage those standards into different types and degrees of institutions.
(2) assistance in incorporating into local and regional plans
(3) funding opportunities to initiate and maintain emergency management functions
(4) supporting efforts already initiated by groups such as DRU, IAEM UCC, and others.
(5) Supporting efforts for events that bring together academic practitioners to share ideas and collaborate.
Voting on Ideas
Vote for your favorite ideas by clicking on the up arrow.To undo an upvote, simply click the arrow again. This second click removes your vote.