Priority 4 – Enable Disaster Risk Reduction Nationally
FEMA’s 2014-2018 Strategic Plan development effort will be built around five strategic priorities and two strategic imperatives. These challenges are described in the 2015-2019 Administrator’s Intent.
The Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration (FIMA) is leading the development of Priority 4 –Enabling Disaster Risk Reduction Nationally. This priority encapsulates FEMA’s mission with respect to disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation and community disaster resiliency and sustainability. FEMA is conducting stakeholder engagement as part of the Strategic Plan Priority 4 development process. The 2015-2019 Administrator’s Intent statement for Priority 4 is broken down into the following topical areas for public comment. We welcome your thoughts, ideas or suggestions for strategic goals and objectives related to each topic that could improve the national approach to community disaster resiliency and climate change adaptation.
- Topic 1: Identifying and Prioritizing the Major Risks from Disasters and Climate Change
- Topic 2: Understanding and Communicating Risk Exposure and Costs
- Topic 3: Analysis, Tools and Information for Risk Reduction Decision-Making
- Topic 4: Achieving Climate Change Adaptation
- Topic 5: Best Available Data
- Topic 6: Leverage Risk Reduction Resources and Maximize Opportunities
- Topic 7: Scenarios for Identifying Cross-Cutting Opportunities
Feel free to comment on or discuss any of these issues. We look forward to hearing your feedback!