FEMA's Long Term, Community Recovery efforts should be enhanced by:
1. Providing more detailed training for DAE's prior to an event.
2. Allow for capacity building efforts to the affected areas with the LTCR process.
3. Minimize DAE turnover by providing health benfits and some stipends between deployments. This would ensure that trained DAE's remain with the progrm.
4. To the extent possible establsih conistency of skills with teams that are deployed.
5. Enahnce the qualifications and evaluation process of DAE's to ensure that their skill set is aliogned with their mission.
6. Evaluate the effective of prior LTCR plans on the long term recovery of the affected communities.